The Greater Fort Worth Chapter of Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is your local career connection to the world’s largest and most prestigious association for public relations professionals. With more than 21,000 public relations and communications professionals across the United States and over 170 local members, PRSA provides a gateway to career development opportunities whether you are a student, a mid-career professional or a seasoned veteran.
As a member of GFW PRSA, explore the multifaceted field of public relations by sharing experiences with professional peers in your own backyard. Excel and grow in all fields of communications, from corporate to non-profit.
Benefits of Joining
- Monthly luncheons featuring knowledgeable speakers about relevant topics. They are also a great forum for networking.
- After-hours events for more extended, relaxed social networking.
- Seminars and workshops on today’s communications challenges and their solutions.
- Online directory of local chapter members and national members. (Must login to the national website, www.prsa.org, to view.)
- Professional accreditation opportunities for experienced public relations practitioners.
- A variety of activities to strengthen the organization and enhance the perception of public relations in the community. See our list of committees here.
- A monthly e-newsletter to keep you abreast of chapter news and career opportunities, plus the monthly print tabloid, Tactics, and access to PR Journal.
- PRSA JobCenter – A valuable resource for employers seeking qualified job candidates and those searching for a position in public relations, advertising, communications and related fields.
- SIGs – Special Interest Groups focusing on specialized areas of expertise within the public relations field. Sections also exist on the national level for more targeted professional development.
How To Join
Take advantage of all of these opportunities and more by joining GFW PRSA. PRSA National regularly offers great incentives to join! Chapter dues are $50 annually and are billed together with your national dues. A credit card may be used to pay for national and local dues. Click here to join the Greater Fort Worth chapter of PRSA. For more information, contact VP of Membership, Claire Bloxom Armstrong at email@example.com.
Enhanced Members-Only Offers
PRSA National’s affinity programs for members, including insurance programs, shipping, car rentals, business / office products, as well as a credit card that benefits the PRSA Foundation, are being updated and enhanced. Look for details on the PRSA National Web site at http://prsa.org/membership/benefits.html.
Groups of 10 or more employees from the same company can receive special rates on membership dues for the first year, along with other benefits, including the ability to transfer membership to another employee. For additional information, contact the chapter VP of Membership, Claire Bloxom Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org.