Public Relations Society of America Diversity Efforts
For more than a decade, PRSA’s leaders have brought attention to the issue of diversity in the public relations profession with a mission to: make PRSA more inclusive and welcoming by reaching out to industry professionals of diverse racial backgrounds, ethnicities and sexual orientations; help diversify the industry by supporting minority candidates who aspire to a career in public relations by helping them develop industry knowledge, relevant skills and a network of professional contacts; and bring multicultural understanding and expertise to public relations professionals in order to address the diverse audiences in the nation.
The National PRSA Diversity Committee compiles resources about happenings in public relations and diversity.
- Diversity Intelligence — Read articles by diversity thought leaders and find relevant survey findings and other data.
- Diversity Tool Kit® — Start a diversity program at your Chapter.
- Online Discussion Forums — Ask your peers for advice and share the latest news.
- PRSA Chapter Diversity Award — Gain recognition for your Chapter’s diversity efforts recognized at our International Conference.
- PRSA Diversity Efforts Handbook — Find out what PRSA has been doing to create diversity awareness.
PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship
Established in 1989 by PRSA’s Multicultural Affairs Committee, the PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship annually assists and recognizes young men and women for outstanding academic achievement and commitment to the practice of public relations.
Two scholarships, each in the amount of $1,500, will be awarded to talented communications students who are of African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander ancestry. All applicants must be full-time undergraduate students at accredited four-year colleges or universities.
Chapter Diversity Committee
If you have an interest in joining the committee, please contact Fort Worth PRSA Diversity Committee Chair, Anthony Spangler, email@example.com.