Effective PR Begins With Effective Listening
About this Event
Research shows listening is the most important communication skill for your career. So, what can you do to be a better listener? As PR pros, we take great pride in how well we communicate. We work hard to write concisely and effectively. We practice repeatedly to speak with passion and authority. Yet, most of us rarely put that kind of focus on the most important aspect of communicating: listening.
Research shows listening is the most important communication skill for your career. So, what can you do to be a better listener? PR pro and PRSA member John Hoffmann will share some thoughts that can help. In his presentation, you’ll learn:
- Why most people aren’t very good listeners.
- What it means to be a mindful listener.
- How you can listen to understand.
Featured Guest Speaker
John Hoffmann – Director of Communication Strategy with Exeter Finance & Adjunct Instructor of Speech Communication with Tarrant County College
Schedule for Feb. 5, 2020 (NOTE: This is the first Wednesday of the month.)
- 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Luncheon registration/networking
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. – “Effective PR begins with Effective Listening”
- $30.00 (members)
- $35.00 (national members)
- $35.00 (non-members)
- $20.00 (students)
- Seasonal Fruit Salad
- Garden Salad with Cucumbers, Grape Tomatoes
- Red Onions, Cheddar Cheese & Croutons
- Dressings: Ranch, Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Grilled Chicken Marsala with Cremini Mushroom Sauce
- Garlic & Parmesan Crusted Cod, Smoked Tomato Butter
- Herb Roasted New Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables
- Assorted Rolls and Butter
- Cherry Cobbler and Pecan Pie